Hints and Things does not use any 1st Party cookies - more information .
Useful hints and tips for things to consider when choosing an iPod.
The iPod was launched as a portable music player in 2001 by Apple Computers. A central click wheel controls all functions on the unit, letting you play, choose and organise your music and film.
The iPod works in conjunction with Apple's iTunes software. After iTunes is installed on a computer, stored songs are transferred to the iPod. The iPod appealed to consumers mainly because of its easy to use functions, clean, seamless design, and stylish good looks.
Today, the Apple iPod remains an iconic product, with millions of sales across the world, and new models with enhanced features regularly coming onto the market.
The iPod uses a rechargeable battery that can be charged via computer or by a mains adapter.
Files are stored on either a hard drive or flash memory, and can be listened to or viewed via headphones and a colour display screen.
You Want to Buy an iPod - But Which Type is Best?
There are four main types of iPod available:
Another great feature on the iPod is the search facility, enabling quick and easy access to the song or video that you're looking for. Weighing 136 grams, the iPod's dimensions are (H)10.35 cm x (W)6.18 cm x (D)1.1 cm.
· iPod Nano - Available with a 2GB, 4GB or 8GB flash memory, the iPod Nano can store 500, 1000 or 2000 songs respectively. In a sleek anodised aluminium enclosure, the 2GB model has a silver colour scheme. The 4GB iPod Nano is available in a range of colours while the 8GB iPod Nano comes in black. The battery offers up to 24 hours of music playback between charges, while the 1.5-inch colour screen is ideal for viewing photographs, album artwork, and scrolling through playlists or navigating the menu.
· iPod Shuffle - Available in a range of stylish colours and made from anodised aluminium, the iPod Shuffle is the smallest and most affordable in the Apple iPod range. Available with 1GB of flash memory, the iPod Shuffle can store up to 240 songs, and with skip-free playback is perfectly designed and sized for listening to your favourite songs while exercising or on the move. Weighing 15.5 grams, the iPod Shuffle's dimensions are (H)27.3 mm x (W)41.2 mm x (D)10.5 mm - as small as a matchbook!
Each model of iPod comes with everything you need to get started, including iTunes software for PC or Mac, headphones and connectors.
There are a wide range of accessories available to go with your new iPod, to suit a variety of styles and needs.
· Engraving - The iPod and iPod Nano come with the option of free engraving, allowing you to personalise your iPod.
· Armbands - You can buy armbands for all models, keeping your iPod protected and secure on your arm, especially useful for sporting activities.
· Car Integration - You can integrate your iPod with your car stereo thanks to a range of car kits which are compatible with all models.
· Speakers - There are many models of quality speakers available for the iPod, to suit most tastes and budgets. For an easy alternative to your Hi-Fi, simply connect the iPod to the speakers!
· Cases - The look of your iPod can easily be customised, with a range of stylish cases designed especially for each model of iPod.
· Cables and Connectors - The features of the iPod can be enhanced through a range of connecting devices, with a cable or connector available for most tasks.
Do I Need to Buy an Extended iPod Warranty?
Every Apple iPod comes with a single-incident telephone support warranty valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. In addition your iPod will be covered against defects for a year from purchase.
You can also choose the AppleCare Protection Plan, with support, repairs and replacements under certain conditions, for two years.
Retailers may also offer their own warranties when you buy your iPod, so try to find out about these before your buy your iPod.
Prices for the iPod, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle can differ between retailers, so by shopping around online, comparing iPod prices between different retailers and taking advantage of special offers or discounts, you may be able to get a great deal on your new Apple iPod.
Copyright © 2000-2016 Hints and Things
Hints and Things cannot be held responsible for any information given on this site nor do they necessarily agree with, or endorse, the views given by third parties.